Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why are account managers so annoying? !!!

Goodness .. Just got off the phone with another account manager. They are so annoying! First off I'm testing some of the "highly" recommended brokers out to see which brokers I want to offer to my members at Trader Agency. Made a deposit with said broker , emailed 3 times about the bonus , plus the referral bonus for having a friend refer me to them. Never get the bonus . I speak to my account manager which ask me "How much money do you want to make a month?" I tell him I'd be happy with a 10%-20% return. He begins to mock me and tell me "What is 10% of $250 !? Do you really want to make $25 a month? Than begins to argue with me about my trading intentions and expectations. I guess they just get mad when your not a complete duck that wants to make $10,000 a month and willing to deposit $25,000 to make that happen.

He was rude. Every account manager I've ever spoke with was flat out rude, and made me feel like I was talking to some penny stock broker from "The Wolf of Wall Street"

Will not be offering them as a recommended broker for my U.S traders. The search continues.......

Ade
    Rookie Member
    For real

My account manager from Citrades was badgering me about joining and getting a demo account he assured me that would be no problems and thats there are no catches.
    Since i was excited to start trading i jumped at the chance and deposited $250 then he called me up saying i need to put another $250 to get the demo. i made a little profit and tried to withdraw then he told me before i withdraw i need to make 10x my deposit amount 500x10=5000!!

I asked why he didnt tell me that then he said he assumed i would know becasue its like this everywhere

i said but he should have told me espcially when i stated im a learner then he started being rude then hanged up the phone!!

Well ive learnt my lesson now, to always do my research before i commit to anything and when they badger you there is most likely an ulterior motive.

my 3 personal BO trading rules.... (to keep my sanity.... )

- accept no bonus offered, ever.
    - "thanks..... but dont call me....I'll call you if I need you" (both stockpair and 24option reps said no probs, we're here if you need us, enjoy your trading and good luck. Havent heard a peep since.)
    - never use signal services, bots, crystal balls, voodoo or potions lol..........> just study, study more, diary every trade ....and ..... have fun.

Thinking about using a beef steak though....

Agree with jango here (although I did take a small bonus, to prevent me from withdrawing too easily and because I started small )

Yeah those are good 3 rules. I'm just gonna start inputting the phone number to one my trustworthy and professional account managers as my phone number when I sign up to a new broker. That way they can annoy eachother.

I think if a broker promotes a bonus they should honor it though. I had a guy from "said" broker, ( don't want to mention any names because blasting brokers on forums may lead to unauthorized transactions to your credit card on file ) lol .. Anyway the guy tells me he could give me the first deposit bonus after I make another deposit. And they have a referral fee where both people get a bonus. He tells me "How do I know he referred you?"
    How about double checking the affiliate link I joined under. lol....

Well... account managers are often salespersons, or at least trained to sell. So what should you do?? Well, account managers are often a "prodcut" of the broker. Some brokers are "agressive". They'll use agrresive tactics to get you deposit more, or nag you if you want to leave or already left. When dealing with those reps - it's whether you accept it, with all that comes, or simply hang your phone and never make a deposit there. Other brokers use a more conservative tactics, they'll not nag you, but if you want to quit - they'll try and get you. If you don't want to be nagged - don't take a bonus, never agree to make more deposits, tell them you're trading for yourself and if they keep harassing you - you'll quit. But you accept a bonus/agree to make more deposits/ want help - they'll call you(: keep calm and don't forget you can always switch brokers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ade View Post
    For real
    Since i was excited to start trading i jumped at the chance and deposited $250 then he called me up saying i need to put another $250 to get the demo. i made a little profit and tried to withdraw then he told me before i withdraw i need to make 10x my deposit amount 500x10=5000!!

I asked why he didnt tell me that then he said he assumed i would know becasue its like this everywhere

i said but he should have told me espcially when i stated im a learner then he started being rude then hanged up the phone!!
    Yes... now that's another aggressive sales tactics.. Im sorry to hear about that.. do you still have an account there?

I started to use a prepaid phone for registering to brokers, so I can simply leave it off....

They don't even leave a voicemail. I told the one acct manager I dont answer for foreign numbers I don't recognize and asked him what his number was so I could save it and know who was calling. He told me "I'm calling from a UK number " That narrows it down. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    I started to use a prepaid phone for registering to brokers, so I can simply leave it off....
    Lol that's just crazy (: But a good idea. I also recommend trying Skype phone. Try and get them to call your skype number and not your phone.