Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member grindtime's Avatar

    AUD NZD grrr.. What a jump !!!

    361744 AUD/NZD Call 1.08743 1.08694 23.07.14
    Strike-20:31 23.07.14
    Expire-21:00 $40.00 Lost $0.00


    30 secs later hit 105.942 and climbing .. ! lol What a JOKE. Look at the charts . lol Literally the next candle jumped WAAAY up!

    Good thing I still have an open position @ 1.08737

    Been doing nothing but price action lately and loving it

  2. #2
    Solid Member jango_down's Avatar
    Yeah I saw that but cant trade that pair with my broker........ however....Did you see the AUD/USD?, same thing happened overnight ... my best trade for the day was to put a 2 day PUT on 0.945... I've been waiting patiently for this move all week, hopefully to be a significant retracement by the closing of this weeks trading.


    Still could lose though as the aussie is very volatile at the moment... but im having a good wack at this one..

    Last edited by jango_down; 07-23-2014 at 09:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member grindtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jango_down View Post
    Yeah I saw that but cant trade that pair with my broker........ however....Did you see the AUD/USD?, same thing happened overnight ... my best trade for the day was to put a 2 day PUT on 0.945... I've been waiting patiently for this move all week, hopefully to be a significant retracement by the closing of this weeks trading.


    Still could lose though as the aussie is very volatile at the moment... but im having a good wack at this one..


    Good luck. I'm tired of my trades being ITM and changing at the last second only to go back to ITM after expiry. SO annoying.

  4. #4
    Solid Member jango_down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grindtime View Post
    Good luck. I'm tired of my trades being ITM and changing at the last second only to go back to ITM after expiry. SO annoying.
    Cheers. I'm feeling your pain man. I once went 10 x OTM's straight that were ITM for 99% of the trading time, only to lose literally in the last minute.... frustrating and examples why the expire time is so critical. I overcame this issue (mostly) by using longer trade times coupled with trade control which allows me an early exit @ good profit if the trade is healthily ITM...

  5. #5
    Administrator Martin Kay's Avatar
    moved here. This is the place to talk about live trading (:

  6. #6
    Active Member rockettrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jango_down View Post
    Cheers. I'm feeling your pain man. I once went 10 x OTM's straight that were ITM for 99% of the trading time, only to lose literally in the last minute.... frustrating and examples why the expire time is so critical. I overcame this issue (mostly) by using longer trade times coupled with trade control which allows me an early exit @ good profit if the trade is healthily ITM...
    That is a good example how important is the proper expiration time selection. If the options are too short in duration this is very common risk to end OTM in the last seconds. Using longer expirations week or even more together with early closure help a lot in proper defining entry and exits. I am using this tool too in my tradings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3