Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

redface The Nudist Colony !!!

I decided to start the thread on naked trading. No I am not really naked, but have now ditched my last indicator which I thought I could not do without, the RSI. I trade with nothing on the charts expect a thong..(S&R) over 4 Timeframes, currency strength and just a glance at what the fundamentals are saying.

Why in the world would I trade like this? Simple. The less indicators I have the better I trade. Not everyone's cup of Tea but works for this nudist.

Any other nudists out there?

Just waiting for my funds to go live and will do a daily diary here on the trades. Hopefully I don't go butt over heels down the hill....not a good sight to see I assure you.

Boart

Nice thread, can't wait to see your results. HOw long did it take you to get good enough to start removing indicators?

And are yourealy not using indicators or are you able to see them in your head, I can look at charts and see trend lines, support, resistance and momentum waves without drawing lines or using an oscillator, the tools just help ;-)

I am not sure Michael. I gradually stopped using them over the course of the last six months. In the last 2 weeks no RSI either. I have been trading for years so I'm not sure what ''good enough'' means. It's the ole the harder I practise the luckier I get scenario, me thinks.

Ok Maybe I am not so naked...I have socks on (currency strength), and because I look at 4 timeframes S&R on one TF, I had to code the lines for that. Very easy to see S&R on a single timeframe though...it's just practise ain't it?

I am more rid of the MA's, Oscillators, CCI, Williams% range, Value Chart, x-over arrows etc etc etc...In my case they do more harm than good. You will find another guy will trade stupendously good using the stuff....we are back to what works for you ....don't change it...

I only look at 1H charts, but use the S&R for the M15, M30, H1 and H4 Timeframes. when there is confluence you have action.

Great! I am on a personal "quest" to get rid of my indicators as well. Tough job so far

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Great! I am on a personal "quest" to get rid of my indicators as well. Tough job so far
    It's tough yes, cause we are used to looking at these indicators...but i have trusted em too many times with a dismal result...I say no to this drug...

Will this thread be something like a trading room where we can share our views on certain S/R levels, talk about whether we are dealing with breaks, fakes, bounces, etc. Or just a diary so that you can track your own performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Will this thread be something like a trading room where we can share our views on certain S/R levels, talk about whether we are dealing with breaks, fakes, bounces, etc. Or just a diary so that you can track your own performance?
    If your'e naked...post away

I had to go here. Cable was running out of steam, so I took the bounce of the confluence at support. 15M TF - 20 Min expiry. Easily ITM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nicebounce.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	2055

I cant seem to get the images bigger, but you can see the 3 levels of support nicely bunched.

Great thread boart!

I am also big fan of naked trading Reading the price action and S/R levels without any indicators is a tough job, but in most cases it helps a lot and makes the things easier to digest. I have seen people trading with chart looking like Christmas tree haha It always looked ridiculous to me how can somebody pretend to be a sophisticated trader, based only on using sophisticated set of indicators that are messing with your mind. The best indicator to use is your personal Neural Network, not this generated by Matlab, but this in your brain. The longer you train your brain the better results you will have in finding the right patterns, waves and so on. I am not trading totally naked now, but don’t use any indicator, just S/R levels, trendlines and this is it