Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone heard of SuperSignal indicator? Pic attached !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supersignal.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	1936

I found this indicator called "Supersignal" in my plethora of indicators and was wondering if anyone has heard of or used it. It's called SuperSignal, and from "backtesting" it seems highly accurate. But than again most things do when "backtested" lol... Only when I put my money on the line do I realize if a strategy or system is a failure or not.

The SuperSignal indicator puts a *asterick than an arrow when to place an option.. It's not fail proof , but it is accurate in spotting reversals. If I was using to take entries in forex I'm sure it would be a profitable tool. I been using to assist and works well for that. Please let me know if anyone has heard of this or knows how it's suppose to be used.

Sorry but that picture looks so cluttered with stuff, gives me a headache.
    Indicators that draw arrows and give signals can be good for practicing with as a beginner
    but I can't recommend such indicators. You are better off learning how to trade on your own rather than
    trusting repainting signals. You can never know how many times it's going to repaint, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 10 before
    the signal is accurate.

what are the parameters and the equations, what is it measuring?

Thats a very good question Hodges. lol

Have no clue. Doesn't show or give any hint in Inputs. Guessing its using an Ema crossover strategy .. But don't have a clue. But whatever it's using it seems fairly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by grindtime View Post
    Thats a very good question Hodges. lol

Have no clue. Doesn't show or give any hint in Inputs. Guessing its using an Ema crossover strategy .. But don't have a clue. But whatever it's using it seems fairly accurate.
    seems kind of risky to use an indicator that you have no knowledge of, I like to use my MACD and Stochastic because I have a deep understanding of what it is they are measuring.

Quote Originally Posted by grindtime View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supersignal.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	1936

I found this indicator called "Supersignal" in my plethora of indicators and was wondering if anyone has heard of or used it. It's called SuperSignal, and from "backtesting" it seems highly accurate. But than again most things do when "backtested" lol... Only when I put my money on the line do I realize if a strategy or system is a failure or not.
    Not sure, but usually these so called "Super Indicators" are redrawing ones; so if you attach it to the chart it may show beautifully accurate signals in the past, but once you start trading it live, you'd be disappointed.

I think you should stay away from them, they are a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
    Not sure, but usually these so called "Super Indicators" are redrawing ones; so if you attach it to the chart it may show beautifully accurate signals in the past, but once you start trading it live, you'd be disappointed.

I think you should stay away from them, they are a waste of time.
    Yup, I like to stick to old standard indicators and usually with old standard settings. They don't lie, I just have to read them right, not lie to myself so to speak.

It's one reason why I use the open, instead of the close as a standard preset for my indicators, to avoid redrawing.

However, i just use EMA's so then it works using the open. With other indi's you may have more redrawing, even when using the open.