Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heiken Ashi Strategy Simple but effective! !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heikenashi set ups.jpg 
Views:	622 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	1909

Ok simple strategy using Heiken Ashi and crossover. It's simple and effective. I picked it up somewhere and figure I'd pass it on. We use Heiken Ashi candles to quiet the market noise and keep us from getting in too early or rushing into a trade to soon. Ok so here's how it works.

Instructions

Add Heiken Ashi indicator - It will just place the Heiken Ashi candles over the normal chart
    Add (SMA) Moving Average- Set to a period of 10 (purple)
    Add (SMA) Moving Average - Set to a period of 5 (blue)

When blue (shorter period) SMA crosses the purple (longer period) SMA in up direction , confirm with same color heiken ashi candle "white" and place trade. Vice Versa for puts. When blue SMA crosses purple SMA in down direction and Heiken Ashi candle is red place put option.

You can add a "momentum indicator" for extra confirmation

You can also add Parabolic Sar to the mix, and the sar will actually switch direction right before the crossover (usually). This is just additional info for you and gives you a heads up on the entry.

Hope ya'll like it.

Thanks grindtime for sharing. Can you please add some more pics which can be enlarged?

Also tell us waht time frime is most effective and expiry time?
    Last edited by gsofos; 06-28-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Name:	heikenashi set ups.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	1911

Works with any time frame. I use it for 15-30 min

Name:	eurusdh1.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	1912

Hope this works

Name:	heiken ashi w sar.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	1913

Up close with Parabolic Sar

Rookie Member
    How much succes have you had with this strategy? And did you do any backtesting? I'm just wondering if its a reliable strategy, thanks none the less!

Rookie Member
    I've just added Heiken Ashi candlesticks to my strategy and found them to be pretty reliable. Especially in trending markets.

When you say you are using it with 15-30 min time frames, does that mean you are taking entry signals off those time frames but placing trades that are considerably longer?

Also, do you use them in conjunction with multi time frame analysis and normal candlestick charts?

Heiken Ashi works great in trending markets. When I used this strategy I traded 15-30 min expiries off 15-30min charts. No I didn't use multi-time frame analysis .... But adding that to the strategy would only help and add extra confirmation. I had pretty good success with it but I do better trading price action .. Indicators just aren't for me. I'll throw them up for help here and there, but mainly use S&R and pure price action for trading B.O's

Rookie Member
    Hello grindtime,

You said: . . . mainly use S&R and pure price action for trading B.O's. Would you elaborate on this?

Respectfully,