Changing my strategy !!!

Ok so I'm starting a new game plan. Only going with 1hr expiry and up. And just gonna use overbought/oversold strategy. Nothing else. Just Stochastic and maybe throw in a couple SMA's. Only following 4 majors and nothing else. Will update everyone with ITM rate after 100 trades. Wish me blessings!

Blessings!

Rookie Member
    Grindtime:

Are you trading on your own account or using the demo here on CT??

Best wishes,

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by grindtime View Post
    Ok so I'm starting a new game plan. Only going with 1hr expiry and up. And just gonna use overbought/oversold strategy. Nothing else. Just Stochastic and maybe throw in a couple SMA's. Only following 4 majors and nothing else. Will update everyone with ITM rate after 100 trades. Wish me blessings!
    Hello!
    Even though it is true that higher expiries are mostly safer I believe
    you should have an adaptable attitude towards the market!
    Restricting yourself to one expiry does not guarantee wins, however,
    following the market volatility and price action will increase your chances of
    finding better expiries. In conclusion: be fluid, adapt to what the market wants to do.
    Good Luck!

@ Okane Don't plan on limiting to just hourly expiries. I plan to go with hourly and up. So I may do 1 hr 4 hour, daily, weekly ect. But not going with anything under an hour. Thanks for the tips!
    @ Drew - will be my own account but I think I will include my trades here as well

Quote Originally Posted by grindtime View Post
    @ Okane Don't plan on limiting to just hourly expiries. I plan to go with hourly and up. So I may do 1 hr 4 hour, daily, weekly ect. But not going with anything under an hour. Thanks for the tips!
    @ Drew - will be my own account but I think I will include my trades here as well
    Great =), hope it works out well for you. BTW, have you shared your strategy with us yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Great =), hope it works out well for you. BTW, have you shared your strategy with us yet?
    No. I have about 15 different strategies I've picked up along the way I could share though. But I like simple now a days. I mainly focus on price action,support & resistance, pivot points, and candlesticks. I like taking alot of pin bar set ups and have really been digging into learning candlestick formations and set ups lately.

But this strategy I'm going to use is just using Stochastic Indicator and 2 SMA's set at 3 and set at 10 . Its simple, wait for Stochastic line to cross 80 level than once it comes back through place a put option, or wait for it to cross 20 level and once it comes back through place a call option. Confirm with same color candle. Simple Overbought/Oversold strategy.

I was using a Heiken Ashi Strategy with 2 SMA's and I like it also. It's simple and doesn't clutter my screen with a bunch of indicators.

Okay I see. Well, Price Action is always a great choice .
    I love Stochastic, can't trade without it!

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Okay I see. Well, Price Action is always a great choice .
    I love Stochastic, can't trade without it!
    Yeah its really all about Price action. Even all the indicators we use are really tools using "past" price action to help us predict future movements. I been learning alot of price action strategies from this guy Nial Fuller. His trading method is simple and accurate. You can check his stuff out here if you never heard of him. http://www.learntotradethemarket.com...-trading-forex

I'm really starting to get a deeper understanding of the various candlestick formations , patterns and set-ups.

Nial is really good trader. I also know him and his trading really make sense. His strategies are more price action based, not simple rules so they are a bit subjective and need more experience to follow them, but I think he is really one of the best forex teachers. I hope you will share with us your trading results soon!