Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hot My Trading Idols! The Best Traders, who Motivates me to Move Forward! !!!

Hi guys! I am opening a new thread to ask you to share with us who is the most influencial trader for you.

Speak about your trading motivators and your Idols, your gurus or somebody who you really respect fully as a trader. I will share with you here few of mine trading Idols. Actually they are quite many, but some of them have to be mentioned on first place, like Jessy Livermore. Probably there is no trader on the Earth who doesn’t know about him. Also Geoge Soros is one of my big motivators, who consistently beat the market for more than 40 years. And finally I will share with you a name of a very young American trader who has a really phenomenal performance each year since 2009 on Covestor.

He made 1.5 million from 10k at the age of 21, than run for three years hedge fund, ranked by Barons – the best short selling fund for 2003-2005 and now he teach more than 20 thousand students from all over the world showing in real time his trades. Making for the second time millions from a single 10k investment! It is a real proof that trading is not just a scam but really greatly rewarding business if you are persistent and motivated to learn. His main area of trading is American penny stocks, short selling and buying dips. Here is his website and his Wikipedia page. I hope you will be interested of this subject and you will share your trading Idols too

2. Thanks Xeno thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hi guys! I am opening a new thread to ask you to share with us who is the most influencial trader for you.

Speak about your trading motivators and your Idols, your gurus or somebody who you really respect fully as a trader. I will share with you here few of mine trading Idols. Actually they are quite many, but some of them have to be mentioned on first place, like Jessy Livermore. Probably there is no trader on the Earth who doesn’t know about him. Also Geoge Soros is one of my big motivators, who consistently beat the market for more than 40 years. And finally I will share with you a name of a very young American trader who has a really phenomenal performance each year since 2009 on Covestor.

He made 1.5 million from 10k at the age of 21, than run for three years hedge fund, ranked by Barons – the best short selling fund for 2003-2005 and now he teach more than 20 thousand students from all over the world showing in real time his trades. Making for the second time millions from a single 10k investment! It is a real proof that trading is not just a scam but really greatly rewarding business if you are persistent and motivated to learn. His main area of trading is American penny stocks, short selling and buying dips. Here is his website and his Wikipedia page. I hope you will be interested of this subject and you will share your trading Idols too
    Haha, George Soros is the man... old crook.

I would opt for the other big hedge fund guys as well. Can't recall his name but there is this guy in particular who was an average taxidriver back then in NYC, took out a loan of like 3k$ to trade some spread options, made like 40k$, then lost it all the way to 10k$; so it was quite a big slap in the face but not big enough to turn himself down from trading forever. So the point is that later this dude became like Xth richest man in America, with one of the most successful hedge fund under his command. Bruce Kovner it is, name just struck onto my mind

One of his teachers Michael Marcus is reputed to have turned his initial $30,000 into $80 million in less than 20 years – really impressive result!!! His teacher on the other side was Ed Seykota, one of the old school trading giants. It will be best to read the Market Wizards book by Jack Schwager where he interviewed many aspired and very successful traders from all over the world.

Both Seykota and Marcus were inspired by Richard Donchian, the first systematic futures trader, based his trading on rules and strategies. He is also the founder of the first managed futures fund in 1949. You can read more on him here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Donchian

If we are talking about really brilliant traders, my idol is the famous teacher of the turtle traders Richard Dennis. He made in early 80s more than 200 millions $ in commodity markets trading simple trend following strategies. His students (about 10 or 15) started with 1 million each one of his own money and successfully made over 170 millions of profit, which is something really remarkable. Later he experienced significant loses during the 1987 crash and retired from trading, but even with this failure he was one of the biggest traders of all times. You can read more about him here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dennis

My trading idol as you probably already suggest is the greatest female trader of all time Linda Bradford Raschke. She has more than 30 years of trading on the American stock markets, most well known with her short term SP500 strategies and proven track record of his hedge fund outperforming for many years the broad market. You can read about her from his company website http://www.lbrgroup.com/index.asp?page=About

Rookie Member
    Sooo... where are all those profitable Binary option traders?

Isn't there any famous Binary option traders?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokiz View Post
    Sooo... where are all those profitable Binary option traders?

Isn't there any famous Binary option traders?
    No, but I'm trying, give me a few more years :P

There aren’t so much famous binary options traders because binary options are relatively new class of trading instruments. They were not here 10 years ago, so all the trading idols we are talking about don’t have the possibility to trade binary options That doesn’t mean that we won’t see new aspired and successful names in binary trading in the future

I think another reason why we don't see famous BO traders
    is become most BO traders are trading small amounts, you won't get 'Wall Street famous' if you are
    investing 100 dollars in every trade while Forex traders are making billions every year :P.