What level of return would you expect in any given month? !!!

Also, what's a good level, and what's a realistic level?

I watched a video recently saying a yield of 20% is good and you shouldn't really expect more than that.

What yield do you currently achieve?

With the level of my trades as they are right now, if I were to lose my next 3 trades in a row, my overall yield would be at 11.5%, but that's including my original 'test' budget. Since settling on my current strategy (kind of...I guess you could say it's constantly being refined), my yield would be at over 60%!

It could just be complete beginners luck, but hey! So far...lucky me! Any may the luck continue.

It depends on the month. On any given month my returns can range from -5 or -10% all the way up to +60% or more. It just depends. what is more important? my long term winning rates of success which means that over time I am more than 57% right in my Geek Account, I win 57% of my trades, ....this means that I make money over time. Sometimes I trade one month options, sometimes one week and sometimes three days, it just depends....I make 5 trades per week, with my mix of expiry this means that I can have trades closing all the time from previous weeks and monhts, It also means that I can have 10 or 15 trades open at any one time, the key is consistency and money management. shooting to be a certain % gain each month is OK so long as that is your target AVERAGE monthly return.. capiche?

Yeah, definitely! Keeping things in to that sort of perspective is important.

I'm hoping to overall average higher than 20%, but I wouldn't be disappointed if I were to average in and around the 20% mark.

...Maybe it's something to do with me executing near minimal value trades, but 5 trades per week sounds so few!

I've made 16 trades this week already! LOL!

You live and learn...

Thanks for your response.

Yes the more you trade intraday the more frequently your trades will be. I think the balance is something between 10 and 20 per week. Less is small, more is too much I prefer to trade intraday and achieve variable results but overall something similar to the Michael results not less than -15% and no more than 60% per month. If you achieve 60% per week probably your risk is too big.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalTrader View Post
    Yeah, definitely! Keeping things in to that sort of perspective is important.

I'm hoping to overall average higher than 20%, but I wouldn't be disappointed if I were to average in and around the 20% mark.

...Maybe it's something to do with me executing near minimal value trades, but 5 trades per week sounds so few!

I've made 16 trades this week already! LOL!

You live and learn...

Thanks for your response.
    Hi Mate,

Each one when starting binary options trading is hoping for great return on their investment. However you know greater return in most cases (I have to say not all, but most) came with greater risk, sometimes even excessive and dangerous risks. So starting with more realistic and small expectations like 5% per month is a healthy way to learn without burning your account. I have selected a number of threads in our forum which are connected with risk management topic and probably will be interesting for you. Go over them and if you have any questions ask here!

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....nt-Spreadsheet

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ent-Calculator

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....isk-Management

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ip-of-the-Fork

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....-Can-this-work

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalTrader View Post
    Also, what's a good level, and what's a realistic level?

I watched a video recently saying a yield of 20% is good and you shouldn't really expect more than that.

What yield do you currently achieve?

With the level of my trades as they are right now, if I were to lose my next 3 trades in a row, my overall yield would be at 11.5%, but that's including my original 'test' budget. Since settling on my current strategy (kind of...I guess you could say it's constantly being refined), my yield would be at over 60%!

It could just be complete beginners luck, but hey! So far...lucky me! Any may the luck continue.
    There's no universal number I think. You should see how much capital you are playing with (so how much % you are expected to make to just have some reason to trade), what kind of risks you are comfortable with (higher drawdowns may not do a lot of good to you) and obviously the kind of risk your using reflects how much % you could make.