Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member

I'm new, and looking for a good place to start... !!!

Hello everyone.

Lets just say that this place is busy. Lots of forum posts and lots of activity. So much so that I do not really know where to start, so I will tell you my quick story and see what advice I receive.

I am a new trader that opened accounts with brokers, started trading with one of those programs that you refresh and they tell you to call or put on an option. Well, I tried that, lost a little, gained a little, lost more, and then took a step back and started to do some research. And in searching, I ended up here.

It seems that most sites just want you to deposit money with some broker through their affiliate link. Then you get spammed with tons of emails about different offers, all leading to some other robot, signal service, quick little program which requires you to deposit more money with another broker and the cycle starts again. Some people offer trading strategies, some even offer support through a contact email, blah, blah, blah.

I also came across Meta Trader 4, and well, I have not been that confused since I attempted to open Photoshop and try and edit a picture.

How do I learn MT4, or get some basic tutorials on it, and perhaps stand a chance of using some indicators and signals to give me an advantage?

I work full time during the week, so standard 9-5 day trading is out, I need some other markets to trade in such as Asian or European.

I feel lost, so much information to digest, and I am not sure whom to believe and whom to stay away from. I understand that reading and research is required.

I am not interested in purchasing your new service, your new method, you hidden gem. I have seen many posts of people promoting their gig on here, and the amount of b.s. scares me. I have deposited already, I just hope to slowly build some capital with help from others, so that I have some extra income.

I am hoping that I have found at least a few honest people that may look past the 'make a quick buck off this guy' and lend a hand.

-DCWolfe

Hey DCWolfe!
    First I want to say that all affiliates are not scammers.

There are two types of affiliates:

Type 1: Takes advantage of the lack of knowledge a newbie has to fool him into believing trading is fast and easy
    and does not give a damn about what happens to him. With dishonesty he tries to squeeze every last Pennie out of the newbie.

Type 2: Does everything to give the most correct and accurate information available, recommends only brokers
    and services that has been approved and tested, for example regulated brokers with good reputation and advice on how
    to take the first step towards becoming a pro-trader.
    Puts lots of work to offer valuable advice and in return hopes people will choose his affiliate links.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - You don't have to trade 9-5, you can find the market-hours that fits your situation.

- Forget about auto-traders and focus on learning and getting experience instead of trusting a bot or a guru.

- Yes, you will be confused for a while but that's how we all start. Give it time and digest one thing at a time.

- MT4, the more you use the program the more you'll learn, one function at a time.

- There are lots of people here with lots of great advice.

Good luck

Welcome aboard!

I know some good euro brokers too can share with you. But so can BOTS, take a look at their broker reviews, only thing is, dont go with a broker that is new. even if BOTS approves them, stay away from new brokers. Go with ones that have been around for a while and have a good reputation.

I like US Binary Contracts better than euro style call/put but that is just me. There's a lot of helpful information on these forums, go to the school, read the reviews, and pick a broker that has a good reputation and been around for a long time. Don't pick a BOTS approved broker that is new.
    Last edited by tonechild; 04-13-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Hi DCWolfe and welcome to our binary options trading community!

That is really great that you are interested in binary options trading!
    Okane has presented some important thoughts. It is much better to start your independent research and learning as compared to rely on suspicious signal providers and gurus. You will find a lot of stuff about mt4 and will learn very quickly how to implement new indicators and test strategies with the Metatrader strategy tester. If you have difficulties the Metatrader 4 community is a very useful resource. We also have several great articles and forum threads explaining the basics of this software. So check them and if you have any questions post here in the forum!

http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...your-strategy/

http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...ting-software/

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ader-4-Q-amp-A

Rookie Member
    Hello Everyone,

I have been busy with the family, getting ready for our year end scout camp, and have not been able to do as much reading as I wanted to.

I really have to say thank you for the replies that I have received. I honestly do intend to research and go through the school section. The links to helpful Metatrader 4 software are wonderful.

Is it okay to post what brokers I have signed up with here? I am not promoting them, just wondering if that type of information is required.

Sometime, oh, I say 3 weeks from now cause that is when my brother-in-laws wedding is over, camp is done and I may have had time to actually read something, I would love the chance to get some real type chatting going on, just to ease some of my fears and see who is out there, helping. I hope to one day become someone that can choose this as an income source, and potentially help others. I do not want to sell or make money off people, that is not who I am. But helping friends and family learn to trade, that really interests me. I want to be that person in my group of friends that started something different and shares it.

So, slow going it is. I still have 2 accounts, with small amounts in them, but I am not losing anything at the moment, not gaining anything either. But that is how things are going to have to stay, at least until I get a better handle in things and find more information and help.

A question about bots and indicators. Is there a set of indicators, that combined together give the almost perfect trade? I do not mean 2-3 of em, something rather like 5-10 or more of em. Would this happen once or twice a day, does something like this exist?

Thanks people.
    -DCWolfe

Rookie Member
    Hi All,
    Is there a broker you can advise for a beginner. I think I would like to try on a simple platform first...

Thanks!

Metatrader seems like a good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Hi All,
    Is there a broker you can advise for a beginner. I think I would like to try on a simple platform first...

Thanks!
    Check the BOTS Recommended brokers page and you will find reviews of the most trusted and reliable brokers. I suppose you are asking about BO brokers not forex?
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Check the BOTS Recommended brokers page and you will find reviews of the most trusted and reliable brokers. I suppose you are asking about BO brokers not forex?
    Hi! My name is Xandra. As a binary options trader myselr, I'm glad to see 24Options in your list of recommended brokers.

Quote Originally Posted by DCWolfe View Post

A question about bots and indicators. Is there a set of indicators, that combined together give the almost perfect trade? I do not mean 2-3 of em, something rather like 5-10 or more of em. Would this happen once or twice a day, does something like this exist?

Thanks people.
    -DCWolfe
    More than 3-4 indicators in one and the same strategy is too much, not possible to trade consistently that way. Unfortunately loading more indicators together is not correlated with our trading performance
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder