Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hot Directional Movement Indicator for Binary Options Trading !!!

Hi guys, Check the Michael’s article on Directional Movement Indicator for Binary Options. He explains in great details how we can use this unique indicator in our daily trading!

The Directional Movement Index is a tool developed by J. Wells Wilder. He introduced it in his book “New Concepts In Technical Trading” (1978). It is an indicator with a different approach than most others. This indicator seeks to identify points of market equilibrium versus other indicators that seek to measure market extremes. The Directional Movement Index, or DMI (also DX on some platforms) is made up of two parts; the positive directional index and the negative directional index. Sometimes, as with my examples here, it is also displayed with the Average Directional Index for added analysis. Basically, positive DI measures the upward movements in an asset while the negative DI measures the downward movement.

That’s a very interesting indicator which can give good results if combined with other indicators for trend reversal points. If I understand it can be useful exactly in moments when the equilibrium of the forces is present and mostly this can happen in some ranging markets.

DMI is a good trend following indicator

Indicator is good for long term and senior traders.

Yes, DMI is for long term trading. Not advisable to use DMI for scalping

I dont' really recommend any indicator for scalping, for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    I dont' really recommend any indicator for scalping, for real.
    Hi Michael

Where you're taking a signal for long term trades?

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Hi Michael

Where you're taking a signal for long term trades?
    with this indicator?

More On The Directional Movement, Average Directional Movement !!!

Average Directional Movement Full Review

This is some additional information about the ADX indicator, which is a ... simplified isn't the right word, but it is an easier use of the Directional Movement Indicator and often displayed with each other in default modes, basically they are the same indicator. The AD is the two lines that are hard to read, the ADX is the third line which is the Average Directional Movement and the one easier to read. It shows strength of trend and entry for trend following signals, highly useful but needs to be used as or with confirmation, never alone.

10. Thanks modena thanked this post
    Where do I find a good, simple explanation of "scalping" What does it mean - not the old Indian way - and how and when does it work. Which indicators are needed? Are candle pattern helpful / needed? mdodena
    .... A smart wolf doesn`t show his teeth...