Question Power Scalp Strategy, big profits? !!!

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with a new 5 min strategy that so far has been 60% ITM with 30 total positions and 18 wins.

First off, this is based off of the bollinger bands scalp strategy, but you get more signals. I personally think it is more accurate.

What you need:

• Aroon Oscillator coupled with BinaryWave Oscillator (default settings)
    • Bulls Bears Power (default settings)
    • 1M Time Frame
    • 5M Expirey

How it works.

When both Aroon and BinaryWave agree that item is overbought(> 50 line) - and Bulls Power is weak (<= 0.000065) you put in a 5M PUT
    When both Aroon and BinaryWave agree that item is oversold(< -50 line) - and Bears Power is weak (>= -0.000065) you put in a 5M CALL

See the signals for yourself! I think it works very well. You can also use it in conjunction with bollinger bands scalp without any confusion.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EURUSDM1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	1550

Looking at the signals above, you can see most are ITM with one being OTM
    Last edited by tonechild; 04-09-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Can we have the indicators for the strategy? Most of us dot have teh Aroon indicator and a single picture is not very relevant.

Thanks about sharing!

However: 60% on 30 trades says nothing at all. I tested 1-5m trades myself over thousands of trades and believe me: you need at least 1500 trades to have any idea about your system. Beneath that, it easily can be pure luck. I had several streaks of 100-300 trades with above 70%, that went wrong after that and finally came beneath the 55% mark.

Not to discourage you. Found out myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Thanks about sharing!

However: 60% on 30 trades says nothing at all. I tested 1-5m trades myself over thousands of trades and believe me: you need at least 1500 trades to have any idea about your system. Beneath that, it easily can be pure luck. I had several streaks of 100-300 trades with above 70%, that went wrong after that and finally came beneath the 55% mark.

Not to discourage you. Found out myself.
    Hey thanks for your reply. Wow 300 trades at 70% lucky! Right now it's not working as good and well under 55%

In short term trading, adding News Items to your trading is very important. Some systems work better in ranging markets and some in trending markets. During heavy news hours, there's no way of determining what kind of market you're in. Therefore it's essential to find if news affects your system results.

Maybe your system works, but you have to find the hours/news events in what it doesn't work, so you can avoid it. Made several % difference in my testings.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    In short term trading, adding News Items to your trading is very important. Some systems work better in ranging markets and some in trending markets. During heavy news hours, there's no way of determining what kind of market you're in. Therefore it's essential to find if news affects your system results.

Maybe your system works, but you have to find the hours/news events in what it doesn't work, so you can avoid it. Made several % difference in my testings.
    Yeah I have problems understanding how news works with this. I have been going to forexfactory.com and investing.com to see that news effects each item, but I'm not able to see how it will cause a ranging market.

Rookie Member
    It seems a very interesting method, but could yo add the indicators you are using?
    Thanks anyway

Hey, I got Aroon and BinaryWave by clicking on Toolbox then dragging and dropping them from the code base at the bottom. there are tons of indicators there and they're easier to install then downloading on a website.