Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TMA Tool – A special Long Time Friend who give bucks for Binary Options Traders !!!

The indicator will appear similar to the Bollinger Bands on your chart but smoother; it has a middle line and two outer bands that adjust constantly in an attempt to contain price. Hmm, some indicator tries to contain price… haha, what a joke. No indicator can contain price! But wait, that’s exactly what I’m looking for: I want price to escape the bands of the TMA, either the upper or the lower, I don’t really care because this is not a trend indicator. Once price moves outside the TMA, it is starting to become overextended and to show signs of exhaustion.
    Reviewed and used by Bogdan, this indicator is a long time friend but cannot talk and drink beer with you. Surely it is a very good friend who can help with profits. Find out how Bogdan uses this indicator for predicting bullish and bearish entries for short term treading. The tool is very similar to moving average envolopes and other envelop/band type indicators but uses it's own formula. Bogdan has some unique insight into how to use it in binary options, insight gained over years and years of use. In fact, he has used it so much that he says he can paint it on a chart with only his mind's eye.

Read this article and maybe you will become add this long time friend of Bogdan as your best friend.
    TMA Tool – A Long Time Friend for Binary Options Traders
    Last edited by Michael Hodges; 03-31-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks hchandra.
    Guys, if you have any questions about the TMA, I'll do my best to answer them.

Rookie Member

TMA or not TMA? ... and how to get the d#mn thing working! !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Thanks hchandra.
    Guys, if you have any questions about the TMA, I'll do my best to answer them.
    Bogdan I'm having trouble opening the indicator !TMA true v2 on the MT4 build 646 with Alpari. I found a large discussion thread on the indicator (along with version 2.01) on this thread: http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-...ge-tma-27.html

Both v2 and v2.01 won't open for me. I can get the files recognized on the platform, but in the navigation panel for custom indicators the little folder icon for each of them has that miniature diamond "greyed out", whereas all the others are yellow. Any idea what that means or how to fix it? I already unblocked the files in their properties window but it didn't help. Meta-editor says that both the !TMA true codes have 60 errors!

I am however able to open an indicator called "TriangularMA centred bands" (page 3 of the above discussion), but according to its creator as per the discussion thread (page 27), this is different from the !TMA true. He actually says the !TMA true is not a TMA at all! ... He says it's a simple linear weighted moving average.

So what's the deal here? Seems like there are many variations on this indicator as per the needs of various forex traders ... Confusing and annoying for a new guy who just wants one that helps the most!!

Quote Originally Posted by fifty % dana View Post
    Bogdan I'm having trouble opening the indicator !TMA true v2 on the MT4 build 646 with Alpari. I found a large discussion thread on the indicator (along with version 2.01) on this thread: http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-...ge-tma-27.html

Both v2 and v2.01 won't open for me. I can get the files recognized on the platform, but in the navigation panel for custom indicators the little folder icon for each of them has that miniature diamond "greyed out", whereas all the others are yellow. Any idea what that means or how to fix it? I already unblocked the files in their properties window but it didn't help. Meta-editor says that both the !TMA true codes have 60 errors!

I am however able to open an indicator called "TriangularMA centred bands" (page 3 of the above discussion), but according to its creator as per the discussion thread (page 27), this is different from the !TMA true. He actually says the !TMA true is not a TMA at all! ... He says it's a simple linear weighted moving average.

So what's the deal here? Seems like there are many variations on this indicator as per the needs of various forex traders ... Confusing and annoying for a new guy who just wants one that helps the most!!
    That 6xx build is causing more problems than it solves. Unfortunately i dont know how I can help because my version of the TMA (exactly the one that is available for download on our main site) works perfectly for me on 6xx and on 5xx (i have a PC which I didnt allow to update and a laptop which is updated).

I've read the first page of teh thread u directed me to and Mladen does a great job explaining differences and similarities between TMA and LWMA. Believe me, he has a better understanding than me when it comes to the inner workings of indicators. In fact i have no experience at all with computer code. I dont know what to say except to download all free versions and try them out. If none works... I dont know. You could look for a Keltner Channel which does almost the same trick. Sorry, i dont have a viable solution

Rookie Member
    That 6xx build is causing more problems than it solves. Unfortunately i dont know how I can help because my version of the TMA (exactly the one that is available for download on our main site) works perfectly for me on 6xx and on 5xx (i have a PC which I didnt allow to update and a laptop which is updated).

I've read the first page of teh thread u directed me to and Mladen does a great job explaining differences and similarities between TMA and LWMA. Believe me, he has a better understanding than me when it comes to the inner workings of indicators. In fact i have no experience at all with computer code. I dont know what to say except to download all free versions and try them out. If none works... I dont know. You could look for a Keltner Channel which does almost the same trick. Sorry, i dont have a viable solution
    No problem, thanks for your input. I'm currently using the "triangularMA centred bands" in conjunction with the simple balanced system strategy, and from first appearances its a great "fourth" indicator. It seems to nicely confirm a good-looking trade and also warns one away from a trade that otherwise lines up, but is actually just about to turn against the trend. I really like these bands. I think they help with knowing whether or not to enter and also how long to keep the option. Timing is everything, so I have to practise more.

Rookie Member

Tailored moving average channels !!!

I thought some might find this useful: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...57#post2762757

It's a custom indicator that lets you tailor your moving averages and the ATRs on both sides. Make your own bands! (note the coder's instructions how to input the variables) ... Not that I have the first clue how to apply the variables ... But since the "TMA true" is apparently a 56 period LWMA with bands (2 ATR, period 100) that don't repaint, then this tool might be handy for someone who actually knows what they are playing with.

This is the only way I seem to be able to get the "TMA true" up on my chart. (Hi Bogdan, if you have a any time, would you be interested in downloading the tool and plotting the values to see if they correspond with the TMA that you use (the TMAtrue indicator given here at BOTS). They tally almost exactly with an indicator called "TMA Channel end point": http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-...tml#post435098

The bands are very different from those given by the "TriangularMA centered bands" -- http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-...tml#post435785
    -- which follow the price movement more finely (but repaint). Combining the two sets of bands might prove helpful (if our eyes can keep up).

Fifty, please attach here the indicator you want me to compare with TMA True and I'll find the time. I dont have an account on TSD.

Rookie Member
    Fifty, please attach here the indicator you want me to compare with TMA True and I'll find the time. I dont have an account on TSD.
    Having problems here uploading the mq4 file, but here is the link to the post that contains it: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...57#post2762757
    It's called "Moving Average Dynamic Envelopes (Keltner On Steroids)". The instructions how to input the values are written above the file attachment.

Apparently the TMA true is a 56 period LWMA with ATR value of 2.0 and 100 period. I'd like to know if this is actually the case. If it is, then it's a very different animal from what mladen called the "TMA centred bands" (which I much prefer).

Rookie Member
    I take that back. TMA centred bands may actually suck, whilst the non-repainting 56 period LWMA with 2.0 ATRs (100 period) is rather friendly

You used -100 and 100 levels added to the 56 LWMA? Or how did you calculate 2.0 ATR?