Rookie Member

123 Strategy ZIG ZAG Indicator 5 min trades !!!

Hello binary options community,

I am fairly new in binary options but I do know the basics of candlesticks charts, indicators and stuff, as I was playing with different demos on the internet I found your site and I am very happy it exists. Anyways I went to the school section and found the 1-2-3 or the ABC strategy which is very easy to understand. So I have some questions, this attached is the AUDJPY 1min candlestick graph with a ZIGZAG custom indicator (period 12) which is an indicator that does find these 1,2,3 spots for you. The indicator is really good and as I was demo trading with this strategy i had a very good success rate, and I don't mean 65% successful, I mean over 80% successful! Also, if you are doing this strategy it is important to remember that if you're having a 1 min graph you should be making 5 min expiry trades, I don't recommend 5 min charts because these 1 2 3 spots are in a close range and most of the time they are in a support resistance frame which is not so good for this strategy. This strategy shines when the asset is in a bearish or a bullish movement. Just look at the attached photo with a nice down trend. So my questions are: Since I don't like the almighty MACD indicator which in my case doesn't really identify the trend, what else can I use to identify it? Also is there an indicator or something that tells you how strong is the price (if you understand what I mean), like is the trend still strong enough so It can keep moving up or down? Also has anybody tried this strategy, and if you did do you have any tipps? I will also say that this is the best and the easiest strategy for begginers to understand and trade! Thanks in advance and keep up the good work with BOTS!

http://postimg.org/image/kk0ce6fop/full/

Hi Petar,
    Maybe you are aware or maybe not but there's a thread about the 1-2-3 pattern: http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....able-as-an-ATM

"Since I don't like the almighty MACD indicator which in my case doesn't really identify the trend, what else can I use to identify it?"

XPMA (http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....owing-Strategy) ; adjust it to fit your needs. By the way, MACD (especially teh default one) has almost zero real capabilities of trend recognition. A different opinion is welcomed but that wont change mine.

"Also is there an indicator or something that tells you how strong is the price (if you understand what I mean), like is the trend still strong enough so It can keep moving up or down?"

ADX might do the trick (I wrote an article on it http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...e-money-maker/)
    Overbought/Oversold indicators might be good to show you if price can keep on going. For example when point 2 is broken to teh upside but the pair is overbought, dont enter calls... i dont know, you'll have to test that.

BTW, you do know that ZigZag repaints/readjusts itself?

Cheers.

This 123 zig zag type of pattern seems to be slightly different from real 123 patter. 123 pattern captures reversal of a trend. This one tries to capture all minor reversals and also continuations. At least that is what I see from the attached example in aud/jpy pair.

Quote Originally Posted by PetarM View Post

I am fairly new in binary options but I do know the basics of candlesticks charts, indicators and stuff, as I was playing with different demos on the internet I found your site and I am very happy it exists. Anyways I went to the school section and found the 1-2-3 or the ABC strategy which is very easy to understand. So I have some questions, this attached is the AUDJPY 1min candlestick graph with a ZIGZAG custom indicator (period 12) which is an indicator that does find these 1,2,3 spots for you. The indicator is really good and as I was demo trading with this strategy i had a very good success rate, and I don't mean 65% successful, I mean over 80% successful! Also, if you are doing this strategy it is important to remember that if you're having a 1 min graph you should be making 5 min expiry trades, I don't recommend 5 min charts because these 1 2 3 spots are in a close range and most of the time they are in a support resistance frame which is not so good for this strategy. This strategy shines when the asset is in a bearish or a bullish movement. Just look at the attached photo with a nice down trend. So my questions are: Since I don't like the almighty MACD indicator which in my case doesn't really identify the trend, what else can I use to identify it? Also is there an indicator or something that tells you how strong is the price (if you understand what I mean), like is the trend still strong enough so It can keep moving up or down? Also has anybody tried this strategy, and if you did do you have any tipps? I will also say that this is the best and the easiest strategy for begginers to understand and trade! Thanks in advance and keep up the good work with BOTS!

MACD isn't a trend indicator unless you are using the standard the MACD oscillator, the histogram measure the STRENGTH of the trend and its peaks/troughs and not its directions.

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PetarM View Post

Highly interested with your combined strategy, couple of questions would like to be answered.
    1) Which pairs do you have success with apart from AUDJPY?
    2) What expiry time are you using? Coz when I visually look back data, trends do vary in length (time)
    3) How are you going to confirm entry position? coz zigzag do adjust the peak/trough by itself

cheers,
    samson

Zig Zag is a tough indicator because any day's candle could reverse it, mid day, intraday, end of day etc... it doesn't matter. It's good for long term trend study, long term signals and for indicating trend in short term trading environments but I'm not too sure about it for short term signals.

More about the zigzag indicator - http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....Binary-Options