Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member

25 post count to send message !!!

Is there a new rule that you can't send PMs until you reach a post count of 25? A fellow member of this forum and I were talking via PM but I was not able to reply for few days and now that I replied, an error message occurred. Is the 25 post count really necessary?

(I'm not sure if this is the right forum to create this thread though)

Hi Gracie,
    Moved your thread to the right place.

Yes, we added a few rules to our forums, I'll explain about those later this week. One of these rules is the concerning PM's (Private Massages). I've decided that between 10-25 (currently 25, I might lower it) posts are required for PMing. This is a forum after all, and there's too much private traffic going around, some of it contains spam, unauthorized promotions and other publications.

I would love to hear other member's opinions regarding this matter. Fire at your will(:

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    Hi Gracie,

Yes, we added a few rules to our forums, I'll explain about those later this week. One of these rules is the concering PM's (Private Massages). I've decided that between 10-25 (currently 25, I might lower it) posts are required for PMing. This is a forum after all, and there's too much private traffic going around, some of it contains spam, unauthorized promotions and other publications.

I would love to hear other member's opinions regarding this matter. Fire at your will(:
    Yeah, I stand by that decision 100%. It's a public forum so let's keep it public. Besides, I get too many PMs from guys who just spam their businesses/signals to me.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Agree too.

It's normal in forums to show you are serious before getting access to all options.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    Hi Gracie,

Yes, we added a few rules to our forums, I'll explain about those later this week. One of these rules is the concering PM's (Private Massages). I've decided that between 10-25 (currently 25, I might lower it) posts are required for PMing. This is a forum after all, and there's too much private traffic going around, some of it contains spam, unauthorized promotions and other publications.

Martin, I full agree with this rule of 25 posts.

Thanks guys.

Do you have more ideas for forum rules?? Im all ears

I'm still in favor for moderation of first 5 posts. Movie spammer this morning simply posted some nonsense to reach 5 posts first.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    I'm still in favor for moderation of first 5 posts. Movie spammer this morning simply posted some nonsense to reach 5 posts first.
    Well this guy is doing it manually, it's not a bot. It's not an easy job for any spammer (;

maybe Post delay about 30 seconds between post will help?
    verification code before post?
    or maybe flag the account unable to post again if the poster failed to do the post verification 3 times (Moderator can un-ban)
    Maximum 10 post, and all of the initial post always under moderation before it appear public?

Quote Originally Posted by hchandra View Post
    maybe Post delay about 30 seconds between post will help?
    verification code before post?
    or maybe flag the account unable to post again if the poster failed to do the post verification 3 times (Moderator can un-ban)
    Maximum 10 post, and all of the initial post always under moderation before it appear public?
    Good ones. Keep'em coming!