what pivot indicator do you use? !!!

Hello folks, i found several pivot points/line indicators out there, now i wonder which one do you use specifically, why, and if you need to "reset" it (i mean delete from indicator list of MT4 and reapply every day) or it just autorefresh to you.
    Thanks.

fibonacci !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojofra View Post
    Hello folks, i found several pivot points/line indicators out there, now i wonder which one do you use specifically, why, and if you need to "reset" it (i mean delete from indicator list of MT4 and reapply every day) or it just autorefresh to you.
    Thanks.

I don't use pivot points per se but I do use fibonacci for support and resistance targets. On a longer term chart such as a daily or weekly chart I will draw my lines and leave them there indefinately, the market always comes back to them sooner or later.....

for shorter term charts I may draw or redraw the lines each day,or during the day, depending on what I am doing and what the market is doing....

I think using pivots will depend on your brokers time zone,
    GMT and GMT+3 brokers might show different pivot values
    People usually use GMT brokers data to calculate all of pivots level.
    IMO Best of all, just use standard pivots.

Same as Michael, prefer fib over piv, because drawing fibonacci on chart that have obvious extreme high or low is easier. (Something to note: using fibonacci you will face subjectivity to choose which extreme high and low to use.).

Each of them, pivot and fib has its own advantages. Pivot is good for scalpers.

I see pivots are not that important for my trades as i tought, i use them as long with fibo and trend line as they could help find a retracement or trend-change. In fact often pivots point coincide with fibo lines and S/R levels so i could put them off. Thanks for infos!

As I am not a forex trader by practice, by pivot points are you talking about times when the markets in different time zones are overlapping?

Hey jojofra!
    I use an indicator called the "fibopiv_v2".
    It's quite accurate and shows the pivot line with additional support and resistance lines.
    And you don't have to remove it and re-add it everyday, you upload it once and it self-adjusts itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Hey jojofra!
    I use an indicator called the "fibopiv_v2".
    It's quite accurate and shows the pivot line with additional support and resistance lines.
    And you don't have to remove it and re-add it everyday, you upload it once and it self-adjusts itself!
    I use that indicator too (and it seems pretty accurate) with normal pivots indicator. I open this thread also to figure out how line are calculated in both these indicators

Quote Originally Posted by jojofra View Post
    I use that indicator too (and it seems pretty accurate) with normal pivots indicator. I open this thread also to figure out how line are calculated in both these indicators
    The blue pivot-line is an average of the previous highs and lows.
    How exactly it calculates them I don't know.
    I usually stay away from trading near this line as price often tends to oscillate
    here before finally deciding where to head next.

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    The blue pivot-line is an average of the previous highs and lows.
    How exactly it calculates them I don't know.
    I usually stay away from trading near this line as price often tends to oscillate
    here before finally deciding where to head next.
    Thank you for the tip bro