Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member

Signals given by platforms... !!!

Hello,
    Can we relay on signals providen by trading platforms?
    Topoption sends me some signals during day, never tried trading with those signals. Do you recommend using those signals?
    Faunus signals are sent me by topoption.
    Last edited by Dlr.s; 02-06-2014 at 06:09 PM.

signals are tricky. generally I do not recommend them, especially when they are being provided by someone who will benefit from you losing. If you want to, start a demo account or use Communitraders to test them out. If they work then maybe .....

Rookie Member
    Thank you Michael, I thought in the same way.

Nope, you can't rely on them, else everyone would be a millionaire now

I don't say they are all scam, but I wouldn't trust them too much. You could think about using their signals as a confirmation to your own system, but if you take some effort, you can find that info yourself too.

Rookie Member
    Why would a binary options broker give you profitable signals? It is a total conflict of interest.

Rookie Member
    actually it is Faunus, they are in cooperation with topoption I guess it is to promote their signals but I dont thrust them

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Nope, you can't rely on them, else everyone would be a millionaire now

I don't say they are all scam, but I wouldn't trust them too much. You could think about using their signals as a confirmation to your own system, but if you take some effort, you can find that info yourself too.
    I don’t say too, but actually most of them are scams and false providers. That’s for sure. Maybe there are some honest and good providers but I don’t know any of them.

Well, a scam is giving wrong info for purpose, to fool traders. There are many of those and we fight them here in BOTS too.

However, I don't think all signals or market updates are scams. Trusted brokers also give info about the market to provide some service to their customers. I don't think these signals are very effective and you'll be better off finding your own signals. A trusted broker will probably try to get traders to trade by giving some market info, but I doubt they are trying to let traders win. It's more about being complete and attractive to new traders.

Rookie Member
    Can this be because I am a VIP client? After a long talk with my advisor, he told me to make a fund of a higher amount so that I would get the statut, but then in 3 days I was able to withdraw the excess money. He said in this way he could also give me a good bonus but I didn't accept the bonus immediately because I am a student and I don't know when nor how I would need money ( studying abroad comes with its own risks). He said he could advice me how to manage my money and for him it is more profitable to have clients who usually makes profits but stays longer on the platform so that in long term everybody makes profits.
    Do I believe in signals? No I don't, especially, thinking with my capital it is useless to pay for them, I won't be making above 200 euros per month with 350 euros. At least I don't expect to all I want is to be able to make some extra cash for daily life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr.s View Post
    Can this be because I am a VIP client? After a long talk with my advisor, he told me to make a fund of a higher amount so that I would get the statut, but then in 3 days I was able to withdraw the excess money. He said in this way he could also give me a good bonus but I didn't accept the bonus immediately because....
    That's exactly his job! He should try to let you trade a higher amount. A higher status can be good if it brings better payouts, but it strongly depends on how trusted a broker is. They ALL say they will teach you how to trade profitable and they ALL say they can give you some extra bonus or advise if you put some money in your account. Question is why.... (t.b.h. it sounds as if you are advertizing yourself, although maybe you just talk his talk)

Especially if that kind of bonus ties you to the broker (need to trade 20-40 times your deposit) and put pressure on you to clear that conditions (I know by experience). They promise you the moon but it's very possible you'll get a meteor in your account that blows it all away.

If you struggle to make it with a $350 account, you'll also struggle with a $5000 account and maybe lose it too. If you can make it with the $5000 account, you can also make it with the $350 account, so why taking the risk? The signals of a broker will not make you a rich man, study and practice however can. Take time to learn and build your account by your own work and in the end you'll be profitable.