Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
    To answer the "DOES IT WORK?" question which I get over and over: YES, IT WORKS... FOR ME. I have no idea if it will work for you.

I started an experiment on the 28 November: 5 bucks in an FX account. FIVE!
    On the 5th of December my account was 80 bucks. That's nothing, right? Wrong!!!! That's a 1600% profit in little over a month.

PS: nope, i did not use GT in the form it is presented in this thread, but i used the same principle
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

a&n
    Rookie Member
    Hi Bogdan
    I'm sorry I guess the answer to my question is in one of the previous posts, but despite having read almost all I have I missed it ....
    I would like to know if the yellow arrow means entry and if we should enter right away or wait for the next candle?
    Thank you very much

Rookie Member
    Hi Bogdan,
    Do you mind sharing what kind of changes you've made to GT?
    Thanks regardless if you do or not.

Quote Originally Posted by a&n View Post
    Hi Bogdan
    I'm sorry I guess the answer to my question is in one of the previous posts, but despite having read almost all I have I missed it ....
    I would like to know if the yellow arrow means entry and if we should enter right away or wait for the next candle?
    Thank you very much
    Hi a&n
    Sorry, but the GT strategy doesnt use any arrows. My first post in this thread contains useful links.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

5. Thanks Simon894 thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon894 View Post
    Hi Bogdan,
    Do you mind sharing what kind of changes you've made to GT?
    Thanks regardless if you do or not.
    Hi Simon894,

Well, it's very complicated and very simple at the same time. Sure, i dont mind sharing (because i liked the last line of your post) but it is not an exact recipe to millions and instead it's a very subjective way of trading.
    GT core is: trend - retracement - trend resumption (keep that in mind)
    Delete everything on your chart
    Add TDI
    Add RSI
    Draw trend lines. This is the subjective part, the very complicated part and the very simple part (also the most important). If you dont know how to do that, i cant teach you.

Now think about this: You dont know where price is going. That's a given and we dont argue about that. I dont know, you dont know, Draghi and Yellen dont know
    What we know is that we want to go with price. Wherever it is going. The way to do that is to draw trend lines and trade at the break. The time frame is M30 and you should always look at the big picture (switch to a higher time frame or zoom all the way out) because we need the GT core: trend - retracement - trend resumption. So I trade the break of a trend line that agrees with the bigger/main/prevailing trend. Sometimes i trade against the bigger trend if the trend line is broken.

I dont have high accuracy (in fact i think it's about 50% or even lower) but I like this quote: "It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." ~ George Soros. By the results of my little experiment, it seems to work.

Remember, this works for me at the moment. If you choose to use it, dont blame me for your losses, trading is very risky, yada, yada, the stuff.

About TDI and RSI: I dont really use them (maybe sometimes to spot divergence) and i dont really know why they are there.

7. Thanks Simon894 thanked this post
    Rookie Member
    Hi Bogdan,
    Thanks for sharing.
    Yes I know there is no Holy Grail in trading. I and probably everyone else have looked for it at the beginning of our trading journey. Price action, which is to a degree subjective is the core of any strategy.
    I know how to draw trend lines. Regardless, thanks for offering to teach me.

Considering that you're 50% accurate and still profitable. How do you determine how much to risk for a given position?
    I'm assuming that your expiry times are based on price history and volatility, right?

What are your thoughts about Binary vs Forex?

Once again thanks for the reply.

If you read my post 571, you will see that i am talking about an FX account with 5 bucks in it so there is no expiry. Position size was 0.01 (lowest possible) throughout the test, except very few trades that used 0.02 lots (about 5 trades i think). Basically position size remains the same but the profit is different on each trade, depending on how long i keep it open.
    I closed trades that were going against me relatively fast and i kept others open for as long as i could. If you make 100 pips on good trades and lose 20 pips on bad trades, you can lose 4, win one and still make money. That's the beauty of FX compared to BO. But BO is much easier in a way because there is no Stop Loss involved: say you have a 20 pip SL and price goes against you 25 pips then reverses and goes in your direction for 100 pips. You are out of the trade, with a loss, but if you were trading BO, that could still be a winner (depending on expiry ofc). I think there are advantages and disadvantages with both FX and BO.

Cheers!

10. Thanks Simon894 thanked this post
    Hey,

So I started trading on Ayrex demo account and that's what happened.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graf.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	6223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graf2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	6224

I took a put option as soon as the HAMA indicator turned red and expiry time was 30 minutes. What went wrong? Both XPMA and HAMA were red and Stochastic indicated overbought condition, also MACD-2 was under zero.

Quote Originally Posted by thecreator View Post
    Hey,

I took a put option as soon as the HAMA indicator turned red and expiry time was 30 minutes. What went wrong? Both XPMA and HAMA were red and Stochastic indicated overbought condition, also MACD-2 was under zero.
    Price is on strong Support area when you placed your PUT trade. Candles on the right are showing higher highs and higher lows meaning an uptrend. MACD is basically showing that price is going up. Stochastic may be at it's upper peak but created a flat area which is hinting you that price is losing it's downward momentum. xpMA may be red because the high peak on the left is higher than the peak were price is near at so naturally it will show a red color because for that indicator, price is still on a down trend. Looking at HAMA, notice that it's blue, meaning up. HAMA has a closer or smaller setting than xpMA so it reacts faster than xpMA.

What happened is that you didn't detect that the trend is "now" going up. Getsuga Tensho was showing it to you but you just didn't notice it. Getsuga Tensho is a very good setup and was one of my favorite before. It really does work and will give you clues and hints but first you should learn how to use it. Study Price Action then combine it with this strategy. When you have studied it then come back to this and you'll instantly see where you went wrong.
    Last edited by Ronnel; 12-23-2016 at 03:42 AM.
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

13. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    Price is on strong Support area when you placed your PUT trade. Candles on the right are showing higher highs and higher lows meaning an uptrend.MACD is basically showing that price is going up. Stochastic may be at it's upper peak but created a flat area which is hinting you that price is losing it's downward momentum. xpMA may be red because the high peak on the left is higher than the peak were price is near at so naturally it will show a red colour because for that indicator, price is still on a down trend. Looking at HAMA, notice that it's blue, meaning up. HAMA has a closer or smaller setting than xpMA so it reacts fastest than xpMA.

What happened is that you din't detect that the trend is "now" going up. Getsuga Tensho was showing it to you but you just didn't notice it. Getsuga Tensho is a very good setup and was one of my favorite before. It really does work and will give you clues and hints but first you should learn how to use it. Study Price Action then combine it with this strategy. When you have studies it then come back to this and you'll instantly see where you went wrong.
    Thank you my friend!!!
    You said just about everything I would want to say but unfortunately I dont have the needed patience any more.

@thecreator: please read again what Ronnel wrote. Those are wise words. My answer to "What happened??!!?" would have been "The Market, that's what happened!" but I am sure his answer was a lot more helpful.

Happy Holidays everyone!

15. Thanks Ronnel thanked this post