Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Things about to get real !!!

    Hello everyone,

    i have just opened a live account and will fund it by tomorrow, by the start of next week, i will start the real thing.

    i have to say that i am already anxious and nervous, i am afraid that fear will get to me....

    i have been demo trading since October and been profitable, i have made my homework but still i feel nervous.

    any suggestions how to control the fear and keep the discipline and patience??

    thank you

  2. #2
    Rookie Member Jacob's Avatar
    Do something that relaxes you, start with small amount and remember that first trades are more for learning than for earning

  3. #3
    Master Member Bogdan G's Avatar
    Before opening the trade, assume that you have already lost the money risked on it. If you are OK with that, then you have already accepted the worst case scenario and have nothing to fear anymore.

  4. #4
    Specialist Member pinoyoptions's Avatar
    That's the main problem I face before, I always look my losses before, I trained my self to be fearless, brave, emotionless, brutal in many case, But always with precautions. You enter into trading world and you know from the start you might lose you entire fund, There is no turning back "Quit or Improve your self" and last be able to survive with a win.

    Kill your EMOTION first, and you will find your peace in trading.

  5. #5
    Moderator Kolyo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akrambr View Post
    Hello everyone,

    i have just opened a live account and will fund it by tomorrow, by the start of next week, i will start the real thing.
    i have to say that i am already anxious and nervous, i am afraid that fear will get to me....
    i have been demo trading since October and been profitable, i have made my homework but still i feel nervous.
    any suggestions how to control the fear and keep the discipline and patience??
    thank you


    If you are anxious and nervous when trading that mean you are still a very beginner. With time these emotions considerably calm down and your mind become clear and more concentrated on the actual setups you are trading. If you are still nervous better to continue with Demo trading and to increase your confidence in your trading system or strategy! Only when you achieve that level you can move on for real. There is no need to rush or panic. Nobody is pushing you to trade. It depends only on your inner emotions and feelings. I hope you will move on the right track with the help of our incredible CommuniTraders social trading platform.

  6. #6
    Specialist Member runneroption's Avatar
    The Kolyo advice is very good. Always when you have such psychological problems it is better to move back to demo trading for a while, test your strategy again on different assets and different time frames and only after you gain confidence again you could move back to real trading.

  7. #7
    Rookie Member opdax's Avatar
    Sorry Kolyo, but that's bollocks. :-)

    I've been trading stock and options for a long time and on binary options platforms since they pretty much became available and I'm still anxious and nervous when trading

    Akrambr, this is perfectly natural and the truth is I don't think this ever goes away. Making trades has an element of excitement to it that quite frankly is similar to gambling (although BO is very different than gambling). I guess a good analogy is the following: It's like the fear of approach with girls - no matter how many times we have done it; you'll always be afraid even tho the outcome of a simple "no" isn't so bad =)

    I'm with Bogdan on this one: IMHO, the best way to get started is to make a small deposit of $200 or $300 - whatever the min. deposit is. For most of us, that's something that we an afford to lose even though our gut instinct is to never go into something knowing we will lose. Furthermore, make small trades of $5 - don't jump the gun with bigger trades until you develop experience trading with real money because trading with real money is completely different than a demo account

    The absolutely most important thing I think new traders need to do is develop a sound financial strategy (i've written a ton about this).

    Goodluck, and keep your head up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    If you are anxious and nervous when trading that mean you are still a very beginner. With time these emotions considerably calm down and your mind become clear and more concentrated on the actual setups you are trading. If you are still nervous better to continue with Demo trading and to increase your confidence in your trading system or strategy! Only when you achieve that level you can move on for real. There is no need to rush or panic. Nobody is pushing you to trade. It depends only on your inner emotions and feelings. I hope you will move on the right track with the help of our incredible CommuniTraders social trading platform.

  8. #8
    Moderator Kolyo's Avatar
    Hi opdax,

    I agree with you that you could be still anxious and nervous when trading, even if you have several years of experience. I also needed few years before I could turn off all these emotions. If you are persistent in your training they will be actually gone finally. The most important thing is to trade like business not like gambling. This mean to keep your stakes very small compared to your capital. This way they won’t affect your decision making at all. I can’t say that 10$ bet could affect me at all. This is just a small amount of money and I won’t be nervous about it, just place the trade and forget. Actually the same is with girls, if you have more experience with them they stop to break your heart when they say no

  9. #9
    Rookie Member opdax's Avatar
    hehe, yeah i suppose the $10 trades don't do much, so maybe i was unclear because the $5-$10 means a lot to someone who is depositing $200 initially. But I'm also assuming nobody here who is an experienced trader makes $5 with the intention of making significant profits unless they are testing something out (or they plan on trading all day long $5 so that they can make.....$200 a week?) before they make the real trade. Once you gain experience, you make trades that correspond with you earning potential.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hi opdax,

    I agree with you that you could be still anxious and nervous when trading, even if you have several years of experience. I also needed few years before I could turn off all these emotions. If you are persistent in your training they will be actually gone finally. The most important thing is to trade like business not like gambling. This mean to keep your stakes very small compared to your capital. This way they won’t affect your decision making at all. I can’t say that 10$ bet could affect me at all. This is just a small amount of money and I won’t be nervous about it, just place the trade and forget. Actually the same is with girls, if you have more experience with them they stop to break your heart when they say no

  10. #10
    Senior Member dorrian's Avatar
    You are right opdax. Experienced traders don’t make 5 bucks a win, but they have long way till they achieve the status to trade with much bigger stakes. They need to have many months and even years of positive return to accumulate their capital and no way to start with 5k bets from the beginning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3