Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Specialist Member marc's Avatar

    MACD settings ... !!!

    I hope that wasn't asked before ... and even more, that I wasn't the one, who has already asked!

    But I am still struggling with MACD ... one of the best tools, loved by most of the traders, part of gazillion strategies ... but for my taste he is just ... slow ...

    So ... do all of you use the standard 12/26/9 settings? ... are there other good settings? ... better versions than standard MT4? ... other ideas?
    Last edited by marc; 01-31-2014 at 03:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Legendry Member Michael Hodges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    I hope that wasn't asked before ... and even more, that I wasn't the one, who has already asked!

    But I am still struggling with MACD ... one of the best tools, loved by most of the traders, part of gazillion strategies ... but for my taste he is just ... slow ...

    So ... do all of you use the standard 12/26/9 settings? ... are there other good settings? ... better versions than standard MT4? ... other ideas?
    I stick with the standard settings and use different time frames. for more signals use a shorter time frame. The thing is no matter what time frame it will take time for signals to develop.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Hi,

    I'm using MACD indicator that download from Pinoy in this forum ( i cant remember which thread i found), I also stick to the default setting and it just work like charm. I love MACD as of now because i only know how to use this indicator. Thanks to the bot school and this forum.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member hchandra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    I hope that wasn't asked before ... and even more, that I wasn't the one, who has already asked!

    But I am still struggling with MACD ... one of the best tools, loved by most of the traders, part of gazillion strategies ... but for my taste he is just ... slow ...

    So ... do all of you use the standard 12/26/9 settings? ... are there other good settings? ... better versions than standard MT4? ... other ideas?
    Just stick with standard MACD settings, but if you want to try other combination there is 8/17/9
    That maybe used in short term time frame as MACD calculate distance between EMA listed 12/26/9
    Which one better, I think the answer will be varied

  5. #5
    Master Member Bogdan G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    I hope that wasn't asked before ... and even more, that I wasn't the one, who has already asked!

    But I am still struggling with MACD ... one of the best tools, loved by most of the traders, part of gazillion strategies ... but for my taste he is just ... slow ...

    So ... do all of you use the standard 12/26/9 settings? ... are there other good settings? ... better versions than standard MT4? ... other ideas?
    11/12/11 and 100/150/90 (for a different type of MACD which will be soon shared as part of my strategy)

  6. #6
    Specialist Member marc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    11/12/11 and 100/150/90 (for a different type of MACD which will be soon shared as part of my strategy)
    Now THAT sounds interesting! ... I am very curious to hear your strategy!

    And thanks guys for all the other good tips!

  7. #7
    Master Member Bogdan G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Now THAT sounds interesting! ... I am very curious to hear your strategy!
    Dont expect magic

  8. #8
    Specialist Member marc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Dont expect magic
    Actually I do ... because after dropping a MACD 100/150/90 on my charts yesterday I am completely clueless atm, how you build a strategy out of that

  9. #9
    Master Member Bogdan G's Avatar
    I use that as a 4th filter (maybe can do without) and it is not a normal MACD. Dont worry, Martin will publish teh article pretty soon and it will all be clear(er)

  10. #10
    Legendry Member Michael Hodges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    I use that as a 4th filter (maybe can do without) and it is not a normal MACD. Dont worry, Martin will publish teh article pretty soon and it will all be clear(er)
    Word and heard on the clear(er) :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3