Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Hot Trading with the Geek – The Weekly Top 5 Binary Options Tips !!!

Welcome to Trading With The Geek. This thread is here to compliment my weekly article, Tips From The Geek. I will be posting my tips along with my own commentary. Other pros here at BOTS will also be adding their comments. Follow along with my trading here and on CommuniTraders where I place every trade I make a tip on. I'm here on the forum daily and will answer your questions as best I can. I also welcome any comments and opposing analysis so be sure to add your thoughts to the thread as well. Happy trading! Cheers!

-MH-

2. Thanks Martin Kay thanked this post

First Tips from the Geek on the Brand New Thread!!! !!!

and here they are... find more tips here - http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...s-0203-102014/

EUR/USD
    Call/Put = Put
    Entry = Above 1.3500
    Expiration = One Week

The eur/usd broke support during the early trading Monday morning. My analysis for this pair has it moving down toward the lower end of a trading range while economic uncertainty persists. My original entry was “as close to 1.3500” as possible but the ISM data weakened the dollar just enough that a 1.3500 or above entry could be possible. Indicators are bearish, momentum is accelerating to the downside and stochastic has peaked. My next target for support is around 1.3750. Until then I am trading a put with a target entry above 1.3500 and one week until expiry.

Apple
    Call/Put = Call
    Entry = Below $505
    Expiration = One Month

Those of you who know me know that I love to hate trading Apple. Sometimes I get the apple, sometimes the worm. At thist time Apple prices are way down on poor 2014 guidance but yet holding above $500 support. I think this is a good level to get in and Carl Icahn agrees with me. The billionaire upped his stake over the last week. Looking past the first quarter weakness the rest of 2014 is supposed to be good. Once this near term fear runs it course Apple will move back up. I am trading a call with one month until expiry and a target entry below $505.

"1. S&P 500 Nearing Trendline

SPX
    Call/Put = Put
    Entry = Above 1780
    Expiry = Week

My Trading Advice
    This was a crazy trade for me today and I apologize if it is not one that can be acted on. I literally placed my trade into Communitraders about 5 minutes before the ISM data was released. I had a bearish feeling but by no means did I expect to see an 18 point drop in the index within minutes. The index is now at the long term trend line and could be nearing the bottom of the current correction. The near term analysis is bearish but the momentum is waning and the stochastic is showing sign of a near term bottom. This does not mean that a bottom is in place. It could be a good time for intraday traders to trade calls with hourly or daily expiry."

This was an exiting and fun tip to write/trade even if it did pose some difficulty. I was not exaggerating when I said I opened the trade and five minutes later the market dropped 18 points. That's what i love about trading and technical analysis, you can read the signs but still not know where the road is going. It's like one of those log rides at the amusement park, the ones that go into the dark tunnel. You know it is going to drop but you just don't know when, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    "1. S&P 500 Nearing Trendline

SPX
    Call/Put = Put
    Entry = Above 1780
    Expiry = Week

My Trading Advice
    This was a crazy trade for me today and I apologize if it is not one that can be acted on. I literally placed my trade into Communitraders about 5 minutes before the ISM data was released. I had a bearish feeling but by no means did I expect to see an 18 point drop in the index within minutes. The index is now at the long term trend line and could be nearing the bottom of the current correction. The near term analysis is bearish but the momentum is waning and the stochastic is showing sign of a near term bottom. This does not mean that a bottom is in place. It could be a good time for intraday traders to trade calls with hourly or daily expiry."

This was an exiting and fun tip to write/trade even if it did pose some difficulty. I was not exaggerating when I said I opened the trade and five minutes later the market dropped 18 points. That's what i love about trading and technical analysis, you can read the signs but still not know where the road is going. It's like one of those log rides at the amusement park, the ones that go into the dark tunnel. You know it is going to drop but you just don't know when, exactly.
    Here is the link to the trade on CT http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....2317#post22317

USD/JPY
    Call/Put = Call
    Entry = Below 101.75
    Expiration = One Month

My Trading Advice
    The USD/JPY pair has been experiencing some corrective weakness ever since the last BOJ meeting. The bank had a fairly bullish stance on the state of Abenomics and the Japanese economy which helped to strengthen the yen versus the dollar. Up until the Monday release of U.S. ISM the pair had been holding support at 101.75 but fell below afterward. Regardless, I am still bullish on the pair longer term and am trading accordingly this week. I am using a one month expiry to allow the pair to stabilize and the market to move past the next BOJ meeting. I am trading a call with a target entry below 101.75 and one month until expiry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USDJPY.jpg 
Views:	1155 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	1309

This is my 1h trading strategy. I used 1hour for trading with 15 minutes time frame charts.

Here is link how I traded.
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ng-Arena/page7
    Last edited by milos; 02-03-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Euro Breaks Support

EUR/USD

Call/Put = Put

Entry = Above 1.3500

Expiration = One Week

My Trading Advice

The eur/usd broke support during the early trading Monday morning. My analysis for this pair has it moving down toward the lower end of a trading range while economic uncertainty persists. My original entry was “as close to 1.3500” as possible but the ISM data weakened the dollar just enough that a 1.3500 or above entry could be possible. Indicators are bearish, momentum is accelerating to the downside and stochastic has peaked. My next target for support is around 1.3750. Until then I am trading a put with a target entry above 1.3500 and one week until expiry.

Name:	eurusd.jpg 
Views:	1153 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	1310

I used PUT strategy in 1 day expiry and 15 minutes charts time frame.

Here is link below how I traded.

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....g-Arena/page35

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    USD/JPY
    Call/Put = Call
    Entry = Below 101.75
    Expiration = One Month

My Trading Advice
    The USD/JPY pair has been experiencing some corrective weakness ever since the last BOJ meeting. The bank had a fairly bullish stance on the state of Abenomics and the Japanese economy which helped to strengthen the yen versus the dollar. Up until the Monday release of U.S. ISM the pair had been holding support at 101.75 but fell below afterward. Regardless, I am still bullish on the pair longer term and am trading accordingly this week. I am using a one month expiry to allow the pair to stabilize and the market to move past the next BOJ meeting. I am trading a call with a target entry below 101.75 and one month until expiry.

Views:	1155 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	1309

This is my 1h trading strategy. I used 1hour for trading with 15 minutes time frame charts.

Here is link how I traded.
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ng-Arena/page7
    You definately did better than I did today. I could have waited and gotten a better entry.

USD/JPY

Call/Put = Call

Entry = Below 101.75

Expiration = One Month

My Trading Advice

I think call at 101.8 was good, because its located at support, but seems its already broken. I was not there yesterday because of fever and if I was there, I would have traded CALL
    Currently waiting for 100.4 maybe better idea

I place small trade, will wait price coming down more for bigger position.
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....Y-near-support
    Last edited by hchandra; 02-03-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Views:	1143 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	1317

The U.S. dollar has fallen to the bottom of two months against the yen due to turmoil in emerging markets, which have reduced the appetite for risk.

Forex USD / JPY trades recorded during the previous bottom at 101.66, and subsequently consolidated at 101.91. The pair was likely to find support at 101.24 and resistance at 102.40.

As long as 101.95 is resistance, look for choppy price action with a bearish bias. Currency pair USD/JPY is capped by a declining trend line.

Here is link below

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....2413#post22413

I think resistance is short term. The current retracement is a consolidation of longer term yen trends and not a reversal, in my opinion. I expect to see more volatility over the next week or two but will move higher by the end of the month. There will be another BOJ meeting by then as well.