Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    This thread is intended to help those of you who want to use MT4 but have some difficulties. Lately there are a lot of questions related to this tool which is in my opinion the best charting package available to date although it has some limitations.

If you have questions I will try to answer them, but please explain to me in a clear way what you want to know.
    how can I customize 5 second interval candle in forex chart?
    anybody can tell me that how to customize MT4 time frame? such as I want to set up 5s,30s interval candle .I see only 1min,5 min in my MT4 software

Quote Originally Posted by farukweb View Post
    anybody can tell me that how to customize MT4 time frame? such as I want to set up 5s,30s interval candle .I see only 1min,5 min in my MT4 software
    You cannot. Use the available chart time frames.
    There is the possibility to open an offline chart for other time frames than teh default ones but that's too complicated.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by farukweb View Post
    Yes Bogdan is right you cannot customize timeframe shorter than 1 min. I come across an indicator some time ago that uses tick data to customize timeframe shorter than 1 min. You can google it. But as Bogdan says its complicated, better to use the dault timeframe

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    You cannot. Use the available chart time frames.
    There is the possibility to open an offline chart for other time frames than teh default ones but that's too complicated.
    farukweb, you can use live chart with 10 sec!! but not in mt4... you can see that chart in LIVE FOREX CHART. Here screesnhot with proof:

prnt.sc/byo96z

Rookie Member
    Quick question; where is a good source for Expert Advisors for MT4?

Quote Originally Posted by MikTrade View Post
    Quick question; where is a good source for Expert Advisors for MT4?
    You can look them up in the Metatrader official website or in your terminal window of your MT4 platform. there is a expert tab which is a list of expert adivsors

Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    You can look them up in the Metatrader official website or in your terminal window of your MT4 platform. there is a expert tab which is a list of expert adivsors
    Yup, exactly.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    Cheers for that; also I was wondering if there is a speific thread for EA's because I have a few questions on how I should apporach the use of EA's. If there isn't could you outline a couple of these questions:

Which one should I use?

What is the minimum I need to put in to trade with?

And do I need to tweak some of the settings?