Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member

Charting Platforms !!!

Hello everyone,

I am new to this community I just stumbled upon it in the past week or so after learning about what binary options are. I have always wanted to try my hand at some trading, but never knew how to start until now. During the past week I have been reading all that I can in the schools sections. I must say there is TONS of great information there. You have done a wonderful job of putting everything together for newbies like me! I work from home right now so I think this will be a great thing for me to try and get my feet wet a little. I took a few marketing classes in college dealing with technical analysis and charting. However, it was dealing mostly with agricultural commodities not Forex or stocks.

My main question for you is what do you use for your charting software and analysis? I have downloaded MT4 and it seems to me that it is just currency pairs? I couldn't find a way to get stocks and commodities to display. I would like to get into that as well. My plans are to study a while, place some test trades here and develop a good strategy before wasting to much money by not knowing what I'm doing. I have already read many of the past forum posts and it has been very helpful!

I would prefer something free at the moment if there is such a thing available for charting software.

Thank you for your help, I look forward to learning all I can here!

Travis

If you want free chart for stocks, try:
    http://freestockcharts.com/
    http://stockcharts.com/
    they cover US stocks market, for commodities, I think most Mt4 brokers provide Gold and silver try to look at their symbols list.

Hi Travis and welcome to CommuniTraders!

There are many trading platforms with excellent charting capabilities, which could help you to gain experience in market analysis and strategy development. First of all the best and easy to work with it – Metatrader 4. It is available through all forex brokers sites and very often it includes also precious metals, some US stocks, indexes and more. I am using personally HotForex demo mt4 platform for my charting research. Also you could check some java based platforms with great charting capabilities like OANDA fxtrade and Ducascopy trading platform. If you prefer trading US stocks mostly you could search for demo from the following brokers: ThinkOrSwim and Interactive Brokers, also I had in the past experience with DeltaTrading platform, also good choice with many instruments. I wish you successful learning and many friends here in our community.

Best regards,

Kolyo
    CT Team

Hello Travis and welcome here! I use OANDA Metatrader platform for my charts and trades with StockPair and UBinary, both are recommended as safe and reliable brokers and I could confirm that. If you have any other questions ask here and we will help you to find the answer as quickly as possible!

I am using Alpari UK Metatrader software and FinFx Metatrader too. They have all necessary currencies and most of the major indexes and commodities too. I am also using IG demo platform for testing, but their demo has limited time and need to be renewed. I think Metatrader is the best charting platform to start, but there are other choices too. FXCM has good platform and also Ninja Trader is good choice for systematic traders and strategy development and also it is provided from Interactive Brokers too and can be used for us stocks trading.

Most brokers that offer MT4 have a trial period. After the trial period you have to register another MT4 with another broker. I am using cTrader from Primetradefx which has no expiry for their demo accounts. I have use many MT4 and cTrader from several brokers and all have trial period that expires after 1 month. The demo can be download at www.primetradefx.com
    I think they also have a 24 hr support

You can also deposit a small account with a MT4 Forex Broker after the demo phase. Find one with a minimum deposit (don't accept a bonus!) and use the charts for your setups. You don't have to trade to have an account, although you always should read their Terms & Conditions about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    You can also deposit a small account with a MT4 Forex Broker after the demo phase. Find one with a minimum deposit (don't accept a bonus!) and use the charts for your setups. You don't have to trade to have an account, although you always should read their Terms & Conditions about that.

There is no need to open real account, unless you really want to trade with that broker. Most if not all forex brokers offer free unlimited time demo accounts so it is very easy to setup such demo trading account and use it for charting, backtesting and whatever you want.

That's even better. Never took time to find that out, since I already had a Forex broker with real account.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Why waste your money to open an account which you do not have intention to trade. Try out the demo account which have no expiration.